Washington, DC, June 13-18, 2012
When the Adventures Arrive in DC
The project aims to provide local New Givers and their supporters:
- Local media coverage highlighting your impact on the community.
- A 4-hour facilitated and lightly structured open space Summit (Saturday, June 16) to build the local community and map out strengths, opportunities and needs.
- Web storytelling for the national public. We’ll collect images, video and text to share the impact of New Giving on the DC metro area.
- Local New Giving Mini-Summit
- When: Saturday, June 16 1-5pm
- Where, Southwest Library, 900 Wesley Place SW, Washington
, DC 20024 (very close to Waterfront Metro stop)
- Connect and share the event on Facebook.
- Who should come: people involved in giving circles, crowdfunding entrepreneurs & other philanthropy innovators, people who want to start or join a New Giving project, fundraisers who want to learn about New Giving, traditional funders who want to learn about New Giving and share their experience.
- Learn more about the Summit plan here.
How you can help
New Giving Adventurer Nathaniel James is working on providing as much of the preparations, but he needs some local support, including:
- Recommendations on people he can connect with to tell their stories and invite to the summit.
- Find out more ways you can support the project here.
If you can help out, please contact Nathaniel at james.nathaniel [at] gmail [dot] com or @nj140 on Twitter.
Who we hope to see
- Awesome Foundation DC
- DC Kitchen of Innovation
- Citizen Effect
- Washington Area Women’s Foundation Rainmaker & African American Women’s giving circles
- Diverse City Fund
- Cherry Blossom Giving Circle
- Black Benefactors
Are we missing someone? Are we missing you? Please contact Nathaniel at james.nathaniel [at] gmail [dot] com or @nj140 on Twitter.